Friday, February 27, 2009

Arrivederci





After a crazy, crazy week of midterms, it is time for Spring Break. I'm going with about 45 other students and one professor to Tunisia for the week. It's a very packed itinerary, and I'm hoping that I'm bringing enough film with me.

Two weekends ago, I went to Milan to visit Paige, Meghan, and Jake. Milan had a distinctly different feel from Rome - it felt like a younger, more focused city to me. There was also graffiti of Gary Coleman's face in more than one place - strange. We went to this giant castle-fortress thing that I'm forgetting the name of now, but there were lots of cats (of course) and a funny old lady with a green parrot on her shoulder who talked to her in Italian. Paige and I made excellent pasta - gnocchi alla sorrentina - and walked to the overwhelmingly ornate Duomo. The last night, we met Jack and Ed, Scottish and English teachers working in Lyon, France and we made fun of the ridiculous music videos playing in the bar.


Last weekend, I stayed in Rome for the first time in a while, which was great. I spent most of my time in the darkroom/sculpture studio, but I did go to the giant flea market - Porta Portese, which was insane. SO many people, SO many stands, SO much yelling. But great.
Okay, I'm off to Africa. I will definitely write more next week, maybe about camels.

1 comment: